Monday, May 4, 2009

Commenting on Comments

While I have appreciated all the activity on this blog, have decided to go in a new direction a la comments: have blotted them out (though can still bring them back at any time). Should you have a comment you want to convey to me, my email address is: shslhowell@tds.net or shslhowell@aol.com which is listed in The Christian Science Journal under Practitioners. Either one is fine to use. However, through one means or another, I already hear from many of you.

Of late, I've had to not accept too many comments that went too far, in my view, in pushing a personal agenda, or were just too divisive on this or that issue concerning our Cause. It has seemed to me that in some cases, the individual holding forth voceriously might need to think about getting his or her own blog. Had I known who the commenter was, would have explained this to them, but alas, anonymous. So, as I said, you may email me about whatever is on your mind. It's just that my blog is not the place for this, I feel.

As I've said at the outset, my purpose in starting this blog was to show love for Christ Jesus and Christian Science, to have a means of glorifying God for all His unspeakable gifts to His children. And I am grateful to Him every single day that there is such a thing as the Internet. It has proved to be an immense blessing to me, and I trust what He has inspired me to share with the world, has likewise lifted up others. I must keep this blog on the highest plane possible so that as many readers of this blog, wherever they may be in this world of ours, might come away with a sense of our dear Father's love/comfort/healing power. But even before this, to reiterate-- praising Him for all the wondrous works of His hand.