Tuesday, January 7, 2020

"Christ My Refuge"

(This poem was written by Mary Baker Eddy, the author of "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures"

O'er waiting heartstrings of the mind
     There sweeps a strain,
Low, sad, and sweet, whose measure bind
     The power of pain,

And wake a white-winged angel throng
     Of thoughts,  llumed
By faith, and breathed in raptured song
     With love perfumed.

Then His unveiled, sweet mercies show
     Life's burdens light,
I kiss the cross, and wake to know
     A world more bright.

And o'er earth's troubled, angry sea
     I see Christ walk,
And come to see, and tenderly
     Divinely talk.

Thus Truth engrounds me on the rock,
     Upon Life's shore,
'Gainst which the winds and waves can shock,
     Oh, nevermore!

From tired joy and grief afar,
     And nearer Thee, --
Father, where Thine own children are,
     I love to be.

My prayer, some daily good to do
     To Thine, for Thee;
And offering pure of Love, whereto
    God leadeth me.