Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Healing in Christian Science

From time to time I will post a healing from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures that can in inspire a reader who is unacquainted with its teachings about God's divine laws to investigate for himself or herself.  Many people through the years have done this, and found to their great joy wonderful healing for themselves and others.

On page 382 Mary Baker Eddy, who discovered and founded this religion and wrote this book writes:   "One whom I rescued from seeming spiritual oblivion in which the senses had engulfed him, wrote to me: 'I should have died, but for the glorious Principle you teach, -- supporting the power of Mind over the body and showing me the nothingness of the so-called pleasures and pains of sense. The treatises I had read and the medicines I had taken only abandoned me to more hopeless suffering and despair.  Adherence to hygiene was useless.  Mortal mind needed to be set right.  The ailment was not bodily, but mental, and I was cured when I learned my way in Christian Science.'"


     (As Christ Jesus said:  "Ye shall now the truth, and the truth shall make you free."