Thursday, June 13, 2019

How Christian Science Heals

The following excerpt from a testimony of healing that appears in the Christian Science textbook, "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddy may be helpful to someone reading my blog who is unacquainted with Christ-healing.

The writer from Portland, Oregon is telling about a healing he experienced of a sprained ankle, and he relates:

"The accident occurred in the morning, and all that day and during the night I gave myself Christian Science treatment, as best I could. The next morning it seemed to be no better, being very sore, badly swollen, and much discolored.  Feeling that I had done all I could, I decided to stop thinking about it. I took my copy of Science and Health and began reading. Very soon I became so absorbed in the book that I forgot all about my ankle; it went entirely out of my thought, for I had a glimpse of God's creation as spiritual, and for the time being lost sight of my material selfhood.  After two hours I laid the book down and walked into another room.  When next I thought of my ankle, I found it was not hurting me.  The swelling had gone down, the black and blue appearance had nearly vanished, and it  was perfectly well. It was healed while I was 'absent from the body' and 'present with the Lord.' This experience was worth a great deal to me, for it showed me how the healing is done."

Anyone today can find out, from reading and pondering the divine truths in "Science and Health", how they too can be absent from the body and present with the Lord in health restored.