Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"How Come You're a Christian Scientist?"...




        ...someone recently wanted to know. Believe me, I wouldn't be if it didn't "work" as some people might put it.  It works for me, and has all these years.

        Why would anyone stay with Christian Science if it didn't deliver benefits not obtainable elsewhere?  Common sense tells one that we are receiving help from our religion or we wouldn't still be its grateful followers.  That I have it to turn to in every conceivable circumstance is a joy for me. This is why I feel privileged to be able to speak up for the effectiveness of Christian Science whenever asked. I can never thank God enough for Mary Baker Eddy's discovery of Christ Jesus' healing method.

        Many people think of the healing of physical ills alone with they hear the words "Christian Science". While healing is actually the lesser part of my religion, healing of physical challenges has proved to be a stepping-stone for thousands to a higher understanding of our loving, heavenly Father who as Psalms puts it, "healeth all thy diseases."  But what I'm most indebted to it for is being drawn closer to God, for understanding Him better, for knowing more about the divine laws my dear Master knew.

        This is why I'm a Christian Scientist.