Thursday, December 4, 2014

When the Going is Rough




        This is written for the student of Christian Science, should you be one who needs this right now--not to depress you but to lift you up.  Those of us who are all-out for this religion of ours do not always find the going easy.  How could we, given the magnitude of Mary Baker Eddy's discovery and its tremendous importance to mankind?

        I recall awhile back one of our dedicated workers saying, "Discouragement has at times had me down for the count, not sure I could get up and continue the fight."  The carnal mind's attempts to shut down our work for the Cause can leave us saying, amen to this.

       But you know what?  God came to the aid of this person, as He always does for you and me.  And speaking personally, I have been brought right out of opposition so intense it seemed I could not endure it, by the blessed plain-speaking of our Master. Jesus never promised his followers a picnic on sunny days with balmy breezes.  We have only to consider words like these to know better:

        "Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."
        "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."
        "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own;but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."
        "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord.  If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you;"

        So comforting, so bracing I always find.

        So take heart.  Those of us who have named the name of Christ in Christian Science, will always have the victory over error.  Always.