Sunday, February 9, 2014

Let Us Not Limit God's Love



        In an earlier posting, I titled my comments "Blessings Infinite" and this related to  my review of Christ Jesus' words marked in red in one of my Bibles.  Well, I am certainly realizing this.  One of the marked blessings is an enlarged sense of just how much our heavenly Father loves His children.  And how abundantly He takes care of all our needs.

        Given that there are readers of my blog who, though not followers of Christian Science, tell me they get inspiration from what I'm sharing, let me bring this up:  there are some of you who could do with a greater understanding and acceptance of the good God is pouring out on us.  (Couldn't we all!)

        It's a wonder that I can be dazzled by our Father's love for us after all this time and after all I've seen Him do.  But I  am.  And I think this is in line with what spiritual progress is all about.  The sense of limitation is all on our side, not His.  As our Saviour says:  "Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  (Luke 12:32)  The kingdom!  Does not this encompass more good than we have any idea of?

        And Mary Baker Eddy has this thought-provoking statement from her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures:  "There is to-day danger of repeating the offence of the Jews by limiting the Holy One of Israel and asking:  'Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?'  What cannot God do?"

        As Jesus showed us so conclusively, God not only gives us the supply we need.  His love covers every aspect of our lives.  And this certainly includes healing of our illnesses.  Salvation couldn't be complete with anything less.  How fortunate we are that this is so.