Wednesday, February 20, 2013

How comforting it is



How comforting it is
to learn what Jesus knew,
that our heavenly Father
knows what is best,
not only in things large,
but in all the rest,
that with Him, always,
the i's are dotted,
the t's crossed.
Nothing that concerns
our joy and harmony
is ever overlooked.
How could it be,
with the all-knowing and
infinite Mind in charge?
Yet it amazes me,
and I know it shouldn't,
given all I've seen God do,
the ways He brings us through,
that whatever the problelm we face,
made-to-order solutions do appear.
But we have to know
that almighty God can do this --
do our part,
take to heart --
this divine command:
"Look unto me, and be ye saved,
all the ends of the earth:
for I am God, and there is none else."
(Isaiah 45:22)

No matter how dense
that thicket before you,
take this thought along today:
your Father who loves you dearly
can to the right solution show the way.

Is this not comforting?