Sunday, October 14, 2012

Male Chauvinist Piglets




Was thinking about something today
I read in The New York Times,
written by Nicholas Kristoff
that has made me want
to have my say,
as to the atrocious way
in which too many women
in the this world of ours
are being dealt with.
Will not go there,
enough to raise one's hair.
But bear with me
while I comment on
Christian men who
should know better,
and this is treating women
with such disrespect as though
they're worse than second class.
(One can't help observing
 things when out and about.)
Do many women invite such?
They do.  It's true, they do --
regretfully.
But it's those who deserve better
I wish to help.
And if this poem affects
a few men out there
who may need to read this,
and encourages them to
stop and think, and ask,
would I like to be treated like this,
it has done what I intend it do.
The answer to these
unconsciounable wrongs
is not hid --
treat women as Jesus did.

With the Master's shining
example in plain view,
no professed follower can say,
I don't know what to do.