Saturday, July 21, 2012

Where our safety lies



People around the world are no doubt aware of the theater rampage that took place in my country, in Colorado.  And thinking about the issue of staying safe in today's potentially dangerous environment, I'd like to share something that helps me feel safe and protected when I'm out and about.

The Psalmist sang, "Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations."  (Ps. 90:1)  It is for this reason that in truth we are eternally exempt from harm of any kind.  I like to think about this: we are never actually apart from our divine source, God -- we never have been -- not even for a moment.  As His offspring, dwelling in Him, we are preserved by His unerring laws of order, safety, and exemption from violent circumstances.  Understanding that this is so, and claiming this divine protection for ourselves and our loved ones, and for other people as well, we can feel assured of being safe -- wherever we happen to be.

This is such a potent help in my everyday life, and I hope it brings comfort and a sense of well-being to you.