Sunday, January 1, 2012

Being More Productive


There's much I want to get done today, and my work?  to leave some things by the way, and accomplish the rest, so that more of His children may be blest.  To help with this, I thought of this gentle reminder Jesus made to a follower one day:

"Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:  but Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
(Luke 10:41, 42)

When I think of all the time that has been wasted that could have been devoted to better things!  Well, I can see, I must deal firmly with mundane things that get in the way -- definitely with one thing:  people who tie me up in long-winded conversations benefitting mostly themselves.

With my Master's pointed reminder before me, this day -- and year -- will be different. 

And this from Mary Baker Eddy:  "People with mental work before them have no time for gossip about false law or testimony." Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, page 238

And this bit from a friend in Scotland who shared this expression:  "After all's said and done, there's a lot more said than there is done."