Sunday, May 16, 2010

Christian Science Heals

I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge God's healing power as made available in my life through the teachings of Christian Science. Just last week had yet another proof of the practicality of the truths I'm learning in my religion.

Woke one morning with a very sore throat, could scarecely swallow. Almost at once, I began praying with some statements of divine Science pointing out facts about God and man. The one that seemed to stand out to me most vividly was this one from Mary Baker Eddy's book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures: This is from page 393. "Take possession of your body, and govern its feeling and action. Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good. God has made man capable of this, and nothing can vitiate the ability and power divinely bestowed on man."
She conoinues, "Be firm in your understanding that the divine Mind governs, and that in Science man reflects God's government. Have no fear that matter can ache, swell, and be inflamed as a result of a law of any kind, when it is self-evident that matter can have no pain nor inflammation."

Working mentally along these lines, praying to realize my true being as God's spiritual reflection as His image and likeness, the problem was gone in just a couple of hours. I was free!

It's a joy and privilege to be able to attest to the fact that Christian Science does heal, and is healing now.