Monday, November 23, 2009

God can solve it

At this season of giving thanks, I especially appreciate what my religion brings out about the allness and oneness of Mind, God and of man as the reflection of this omnipotent, omnipresent Mind.  In so many ways, small as well as in issues of great import, praying from this standpoint has brought solutions to all kinds of daily problems

By turning to God for guidance, by identifying myself as His reflection, realizing that nothing is too hard for Him to figure out, (or too mundane) has enabled me to skip several steps at times and just arrive at the right solution. It can seem almost miraculous sometimes, but there it is.  It has happened time and again.  And experiencing His everpresent know-how and help encourages me to turn more readily to the one Mind when faced with "what do I do now?" when no one is around to help, when I need an answer right away.

The Old Testament has this reassurance many of you will recognize.  "Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee."
(Jeremiah 32:17)

And our blessed Master, Christ Jesus, certainly turned to his Father and our Father in every last thing.  In words the epitome of humility, Jesus said:  "The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."  And, the woman who discovered and founded Christian Science, Mary Baker Eddy writes in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures that Jesus "claimed no intelligence, action, nor life separate from God."  (page l36)  What a sublime example to look up and strive to emulate.

Without the teachings of Christian Science, would I think of man as the reflection of God, the ever-present, all-knowing Mind?  Would I think of myself in this light?  Would I have the conviction that having no Mind but His I have a constant recourse to God when difficulties arise?  I  can't believe I would.  And so, my heart is filled with gratitude for what my religion has taught me.  I would not want to be without it for the world.