Monday, March 30, 2009

Bringing God into the Picture

"Bringing God into the Picture"


(c) By: Sharon Slaton Howell



"Would you comment on
some poems I've written?"
yesterday asked a friend,
a man in our neighborhood.
I said I would.
Upon reading through several,
this thought stood out:
such beauty all around us,
but from whence this man wondered?
Aha! Do I an opportunity spy
to lead thought to the Creator,
Who, as most of us feel,
is responsible for earth's loveliness?
Backing this up, so many Bible statements,
like this one from Psalms 24:1 --
"The earth is the Lord's,
and the fulness thereof."
So, in my notations,
a connnecting of the dots, gently,
to give this budding poet
something to think about --
to bring God into the picture,
where He rightfully needs to be.
Truly can He make use of anything,
that glory may redound to Himself.